EAA Chapter 288 started in the 1970s, and originally met at nearby Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. The chapter took regular trips to the Spruce Creek Fly In, located in Port Orange, Florida, and soon moved their meeting location to Spruce Creek. Chapter 288 is unique, because of its location. Chapter 288 is located at the intersection of young aviation enthusiasts from the University and experienced aviators along Florida’s Space Coast.
- Get involved. There is something for everyone. Check back frequently. Watch for meeting announcements, coming events, education, fly-outs.
Here is a list of aviation oriented groups and activities in and around Daytona Beach that offer education, camaraderie and fun:
- EAA Chapter 288 meets on the 3rd Thursday evening at 7PM in Spruce Creek Fly-In at Keith Phillips’ hangar. [Directions] John Foster Pres.
- EAA IFR and VFR Clubs meet on alternate first Thursdays at 7PM at the Spruce Creek POA office. Open to all pilots. Barry Dainas and Craig Cousins organizers.
- Wingnuts – women pilots social group meet Wednesday & Saturday at airports around central Florida
- Grasshoppers aviation social group. Pat Ohlsson local contact.
- Daytona 99s women pilots
- FAAST Team at Daytona Airport
- DeLand EAA – monthly pancake breakfast and Young Eagles flights
- DeLand Aviation Showcase – November
- Space Coast 99s
- Women in Aviation International