For anyone who has has built, is building, or is considering building a aircraft, Mike Kelly will be conducting a builder’s seminar before the meeting at 1830. The purpose of this early meeting is to provide a forum for builders to discuss their projects, share experiences and open a network for mutual communications. So, builders…come early and participate with Mike in this effort. Non builders are welcome also.
This month’s featured speaker is Paul Tanzar. Paul is a new member of our chapter, but a long time supporter and volunteer of EAA. He will be speaking regarding his various duties and experiences on behalf of EAA and in particular, the “mother-ship” we simply refer to as “Oshkosh”.
Some of Paul’s EAA resume:
- EAA Lifetime Member (since 1993)
- Airventure Oshkosh Volunteer (since 1998):
- Vintage flight line (crowd control, aircraft movements)
- Departure briefings (staffed one of the stations to provide mandatory procedure briefing to departing pilots)
- Light Sport/Sport Pilot rule roll out education (worked in the EAA support center alongside EAA staff at the Light Sport mall explaining and answering questions regarding the new rule prior to and after FAA roll out — 3 conventions)
- Homebuilders’ Hangar since shortly after inception (2011), as it’s first volunteer chairman
Volunteers are needed for chair set up / hangar configuration at 1730 on Thursday. A workforce is also needed on Friday morning for Clean-Up. We will convene at 0900. Thanks in advance for The Teamwork.